Happy Try It Tuesday!
This morning I'm going to share with you a small bag that I created as one of the projects in my Creative Cards & Chocolate class this month. This little bag was a hit! There are so many little trinkets you can put in it to share with friends, family, or just to say Thank You to someone. The final size of the bag is 2"x 2-3/4"x 1-1/2".
This project was made using the Seaside Notions #149278 Cling Stamp set.
Layer 1: 7-1/2"x 3-3/4" Coastal Cabana card stock
Layer 2: 1"x3" Coastal Cabana card stock.
1.) Using Bermuda Bay ink, stamp images in a random pattern on Layer 1.
2.) On 7-1/2" side of Layer 1, score at 1-1/2", 3-1/2", 5" and 7".
3.) Flip Layer 1 and on 3-3/4" side, score at 2-3/4". Fold and burnish all fold lines.
4.) Using Snips, cut smallest rectangular (1/2") piece out. Snip the remaining lines on the 7-1/2" side of card stock, up to the intersecting score line. This creates the bottom flaps for the box.
5.) Place Tear and Tape on the remaining 1/2" wide rectangle on the same side as the stamped images. Remove lines and fold over to meet the opposite edge.
6.) Place Tear and Tape on both small flaps, and on underside of one of the bigger flaps. Remove liner, and fold flaps in, leaving the biggest one with the Tear and Tape, until the last. This forms the bottom of your box.
7.) Using Bermuda Bay ink, stamp sentiment on Layer 2. Punch out with Classic Label Punch. Use dimensionals to adhere sentiment to front of bag.
8.) Pinch top of bag together, while gently pushing in on sides of bag. Close top of bag with a Mini Library Clip.
Click on the pictures to find out more about these events! You won't want to miss them!
I hope that you all had a fabulous and safe 4th of July!
Today is the last day in the holiday tutorial series. I hope that you've enjoyed these projects. And remember, these designs will work with ANY color inks and card stocks! Today's project shows how you can make your own Designer Series Paper with stamps and ink. For this card I used the Verdant Garden and Praiseworthy Prose stamp sets.
Don't forget to check out the Upcoming Events after the tutorial! We have some fun classes coming up, and Stampin' Up! is offering some awesome promotions! Interested in joining my stamping family? Check out the Extra, Extra promotion!
Base: 5-1/2"x 8-1/2" Real Red card stock base
- 2" x 5-3/8" Whisper White
- 2-1/4" x 5-3/8" Night of Navy
- 1" x 3-1/4" Whisper White
- 1-1/4" x 3-3/4" Real Red
- 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Whisper White
- Using Real Red and Night of Navy inks, starting with Night of Navy images first, stamp images on Layer 1.
- Using Real Red and Night of Navy Stampin' Write markers, color sentiment stamp, and stamp on Layer 3. Tip: Exhale breath on stamp just before stamping to remoisten ink.
- Using Snail adhesive, adhere Layer 5 to card base. Then adhere Layer 2 to base and Layer 1 to Layer 2.
- Using Snail adhesive, adhere Layer 3 to Layer 4, then adhere these to card base.
- Finish off with double Whisper White Flax Ribbon bow and Rhinestones. To make bow, separate two strands from an 8" piece of Flax ribbon and tie into a bow.
Don't forget to reserve your spot for this months Creative Cards & Chocolate class! Registration ends tonight!!! Click on the picture to email me!
Paper Pumpkin Night registration is due by 7/8! You won't want to miss this event! Stampin' Up! provides everything you need to complete these kits! Stamp set and ink spot and SO much more! Click HERE to start your monthly subscription! Click on the picture to reserve your space for Paper Pumpkin night where we get together and create the kits together! Refreshments and snacks will be provided too of course!
Well, we made it! I hope that you all have a wonderful day of celebration with family and friends! Followed by an awesome fireworks display of course!
Looking for a last minute treat to add to your festivities? Today's chocolate nugget holder will go along with your festive décor perfectly! And, it's filled with CHOCOLATE. How can you go wrong with that?
This is a quick and simple project made with the Praiseworthy Prose stamp set, and some punches. Set them up in an assembly line fashion and you can whip plenty of these babies out in no time!
Base: 2"x6" Real Red card stock, punched at both ends with the Delightful Tag Topper punch. Score @ 2-1/4" and 3-1/4" and fold on score lines.
- Whisper White 1" circle punch
- 1-3/8" Whisper White scallop circle punch
- 1-1/8" Blueberry Bushel scallop circle punch
- 1-1/2" Blueberry Bushel circle punch
- 10" Grosgrain Blueberry Bushel Ribbon
- Using Real Red ink, stamp sentiment on Layer 1
- Using Real Red ink, stamp images on Layer 2.
- Use Snail adhesive to adhere Layer 1 to Layer 3, and Layer 2 to Layer 4. Then adhere Layer 3 to Layer 4.
- Use glue dot on bottom of chocolate nuggets and adhere these to the base between the score lines (bottom of piece when ends are folded upwards).
- Thread ribbon through holes at top and tie bow.
- Use glue dots to adhere circle layers to treat holder.
- Finish off with Clear Faceted Gems
Don't forget to RSVP for these events TODAY to hold your space! Registration for this months Creative Cards & Chocolate class is due July 5th! Don't miss out! Click on the picture to reserve your spot today!
And, as always, if you have any questions, contact me!
My crafty project for you today is this simple, yet awesome, Celebrating You card. I loved designing this project! One of the things that I enjoy about this project is the ability to use it for occasions other than the 4th of July! The simplicity of it makes it an easy card to duplicate! This card was made with the Perennial Birthday stamp set. I added two pieces of the Regals 6"x6" Designer Series Paper, a bit of Whisper White Flax Ribbon, and some Clear Faceted Gems that I colored with Real Red Stampin' Blends.
4-1/4"x11" Night of Navy card base scored at 5-1/2"
- Stitched Shapes Whisper White circle
- 4"x 5-1/4" Whisper White
- 3-3/4" x 5" Regals 6"x 6" Designer Series Paper
- 3" x 4-1/4" Night of Navy
- 2-7/8" x 4-1/8" Whisper White
- 2-3/4" x 4" Regals 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper
- 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White
- Whisper White Flax Ribbon double bow made by separating two strands from an 8" piece of the ribbon.
- Using Night of Navy ink, stamp sentiment on Layer 1.
- Using Snail adhesive, adhere Layer 2 to card base. Stack the remaining Layers on top of Layer 2 as follows; Layer 3, Layer 4, Layer 5, and Layer 6.
- Use Snail adhesive to adhere Layer 1 to card base.
- Adhere Layer 7 to inside of card base.
- Finish off with Clear Faceted Gems colored with Real Red blends, and Layer 8 applied with a glue dot.
Don't forget to register for the Paper Pumpkin night! You MUST be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to participate. Not a subscriber yet? No worries! Click on the picture below to subscribe now! You won't want to miss this month's kit!